Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm back... with Christmas food pics!

Gah! Blogger totally ate my last blog so I've given up trying to cross it over to the "other side" and instead I've decided to start a new one. New year, new blog, new camera, new ... yes, you heard correctly (or read correctly!). I have a new camera! No more taking crappy pictures with my mobile phone! I got it for Christmas from my beautiful and so-full-of-surprises (thought I was going to say something nasty then, didn't you?) boyfriend! It's an Olympus 3.0x Optical-Zoom u720 SW with 7.1 megapixels! I'm in love! It even has a food mode which I have had a lot of fun playing about with. Now you can imagine that I've been taking photos non-stop since December 25, so be prepared for photos (hehe). I'll start off with Christmas food pictures. Now it's been too long for me to totally remember when we had these things, so I'm just going to post them all like crazy. I know these ones are from Christmas though.

Christmas turkey. No it's not burnt, that's basil on top, haha. It was the best turkey ever. My family aren't big bird eaters, so we prefer to just buy one of those breast things so we don't have to pick around bones and take forever cooking an actual turkey. Also, I had just moved into my new house (yay) and I'm still not used to my oven. It's so darn hot!! But it doesn't seem to cook anything, it takes forever. So I'm thoroughly confused. My parents said it was the best turkey they've ever had and at the time I believed them, but maybe they just said that because they, uh, love me? Hmmm.

These were the crispiest, yummiest roast potatoes I have ever eaten! And do you know what the secret was? Oil. And lots of it. But shh, don't tell my mum. Ok, so I didn't make them swim in it, but let's just say I was a little more generous. Hey, it was Christmas! It's the season for oil and all that comes with it! I seasoned these with a bit of garlic, basil, oregano and mixed herbs and they came out very tasty and crunchy (almost like chips actually, but that may have been caused by the amount of oil!)


Mum's delicious fruit cake! I love her fruit cakes because she knows her kids hate nuts and dried fruit, so the only things she puts in it (apart from the obvious like flour and lots of alcohol) is sultanas and cherries. That's my mum. Oh and here's a close-up my boyfriend took. I'm quite jealous of it - I couldn't get my hand to hold still so all my attempts turned out fuzzy. Poo.



Notice the cherry, hehe.

Mmmm this was dessert - home-made meringue with homemade chocolate ice-cream (I got an ice-cream maker for my 21st birthday!), cream and brandy flavoured custard! Yum! The ice-cream came out really well, very creamy, almost like mousse. Delicious!

And this last pic looks pretty disgusting, doesn't it? It's my first attempt at making home-made pasta. It didn't really work, but we still ate it. It was....watery. Sigh.


There ya go, that's all the pictures I can find. I have some of Puddy that I'll put in a different post for Weekend Cat Blogging (it's nearly 6pm Sunday here but hey, it's still the weekend!) It's good to be back and blogging again. =]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home